Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday, goodies from Florence


Yesterday we visited a beading shop in Florence called Beaded Lily
It is in the Oltrarno area, which is the area where there are a lot of handcrafts and local artisans.
Lily and Tim have been in this shop for 10 years, Lily looking after the beading side of things and Tim creating lamp work beads. It is a great shop, full of beads, fantastic dressmaking dummies, old couches and chairs and generally a very eclectic look.
I purchased some things, of course!

In the above photos you can see;

1. The locally made charms, I totally love these.
2. The loot! Beautiful Italian wire mesh ribbon and silk cords, metal beads with mesh around them, locally made charms- the Duomo, the lily, the Florentine emblem, a beautiful large lion charm, some lamp work beads made by Tim, and a few other brass charms.
3. Metal balls in Italian wire mesh.

Unfortunately, Tim was not there when we went there, so I am tempted to go back today, which could be financially dangerous!

Cheers for now,

Jenni

10 comments:

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

What a beautiful collection, I'm so jealous!

Jenni said...

Hello Deb, we are heading to Rome, Istanbul then London. I will be checking out the bead shops there too; I remember your post about shopping for beads in London. Thanks for dropping by.

Marian Hertzog said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun! I think I wouldn't want to leave that shop! Hope you get to meet Tim. Love what you bought!

Courtney Breul said...

Your bead table looks amazing! Can I come play?

Jenni said...

Hi Marian and Courtney, thanks for stopping by, hope I can find some more goodies for next week! I am on the hunt...!

Lisa Godfrey said...

Oh my gosh, how fun! Those mesh beads are so cool! I can't wait to see what you find next!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh the charms!!! So lovely - I amn an absolute charm bracelet freak.

Jenni said...

Yes, in retrospect, I should have bought heaps of those charms, but I didn't....silly me!

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Jenni, my friend has visited this headship. I was in Florence, but didn't know about it! How do I get my hands on some of those hand made charms?? Yummy. Are they pewter? Thanks! Riki

Maplegirl said...

I am drooling over those pictured items.
Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...