Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pantone color of the Year


Hello dear readers,
As discussed in a previous post, I have been exploring colour and colour palettes.

I have recently discovered the world of Pantone.
“Pantone is a standardized color matching system, utilizing the Pantone numbering system for identifying colors.”

According to Pantone, the 2011 color of the year is Honeysuckle.

The Pantone website describes Honeysuckle as:

"A Color for All Seasons. 
Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it."


Once upon a time I had a lot of clothing in this gorgeous colour.
I remember a particular dress (well it was the 8o's!) that had panels of this colour pink, combined with panels of bright blue and teal. And I admit I totally loved it!

These days, I find this particular pink a bit bright for my taste, however I could still be tempted to have a few small accessories using it, especially in the warmer months.

After reading about the colour of the year, I started to wonder if I had any glass rod colours to match it.
I was astonished when I started to go through my studio how many different pink rods I found.
I don't think there is one that is an EXACT match, however I'm pretty sure that I could get close to the Honeysuckle colour, especially if I layered one colour over another.
Here is a picture of some of the pinks in my rod collection.


From left to right they are..
1.Effetre, Rubino Oro
2.Effetre, Rubino Oro, a different batch
3.CIM, Rose Quartz
4.CIM, Blush
5.Vetrofond Poppy, probably the closest match in the rod, however , unfortunately the colour can go a little orange after being heated in the flame.
6.Bullseye odd, Berry Blast, gorgeous in the rod; goes quite vivid when heated in the flame.
7.Rheichenbach, Pearl Rose
8.CIM, Desert Pink unique
9.Vetrofond odd, Bubblegum
10.Gaffer, Pale Rose
11.CIM, Chai unique
12.Effetre, opalino, Pale Pink
13.ASK, Passionate Pink

What do you think of the Colour of the Year?
Is it a colour you would wear?

See my previous post on colour palette here.

Until next time,
Cheers,
Jenni


3 comments:

Pretty Things said...

OMG. I LOVE pink. I only have CiM and a sampler of Bullseye right now (I'm a baby newbie at glass) but I still buy a LOT of lampwork beads and I gravitate towards PINK!

And purple. Yeah. Pink and purple. Awesome.

Marian Hertzog said...

Lots of pretty pink glass there! I like pink and wear it some. The pinks in the home decor magazines are interesting to see as well.

Jenni said...

Thanks guys for your comments.
Jenni

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...