Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Studio additions

Hello friends,

I am always on the look out for extras to go in to my studio.

Not long ago, when I busy making chains, I vowed I would find a way that was easier and more ergonomic to make jump rings than the way I was currently making them. (a mandrel stuck in a vise and hand wrapping the wire around the mandrel... the wire starts to harden up very quickly and what starts off as an easy job rapidly turns in to quite a battle)

I discussed what I needed with a friend who is a whizz with tools and equipment and he came up with this little tool. I love it.. it works very efficiently, doesn't take up too much room on my jewelry table
and looks so cute as well!

Peter's jump ring maker.. much easier on the hands with aid of a handle. I will then cut the rings with a jewelers saw.

The other addition was this old swivel chair which used to belong to my Dad. He had it for years at his desk and then used it in the kitchen if he needed to sit down for some reason. It is sturdy, comfortable and best of all, it adjusted to a height that was much lower than my other 'office' chair... far better for my neck and back. I'm a happy girl. I also just love the fact that I am using his chair.




In memory of my father, I started a blog in his name called Jock's Stories. He was a journalist and an avid photographer.... I have started to document some of the stories and articles he wrote, hope you can pop by for a look. That is his photo on my blog side bar...

Well, that's it for today... off to the studio I go.

Have a great day,

4 comments:

Vintajia Adornments said...

Oh WOW I have the exact same style chair! But mine is is in black and the seat needs repair, but no rollers.
Was thinking of adding them, how stable is it with only 4 legs?

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love what your friend created for you use to make jump rings - ingenious!!!! I am going to have to check out the new blog!

Unknown said...

I have the same issue with making jump rings...the wire gets so Hard. Is Peter into making these for sale? I think this would soooo help with my arthritis : ) If so, email me at GoldkissesArt@hotmail.com.

Unknown said...

Any chance of getting a list of the parts for the coiler - and perhaps where he found them. I have been trying to put something like this together and have been having a terrible time finding partsn(probably because I do not know the correct names for the parts). Thank you

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...