I am so excited to finally show you the (almost) completed products I have been working on these last weeks.
Finally the heart is filled. I was unsure weather the resin would colour well with the addition of the oil paint, so to make sure it was lovely and red, I added a paper layer at the base which was also painted with the high pigment oil paint I used to tint the resin. This was then sealed before pouring the resin. I am glad I added the painted paper layer as the resin, when stirred, was pinkish-red and not really a deep red - the combination of the two gave a delicious deep red which I am very pleased with. ( sorry about the dust on the heart ...it is lint and not in the resin itself...the resin is shiny and clean..oh how I love this Ice Resin...magic stuff! Now to drill a hole through the resin for a tube rivet (gulp!)...
I am pretty happy with the clock bezel, too...no bubbles and no overflow ( the heart flowed over a little at the junction of the two lobes..but was fixable) I did seal both paper and metal additions inside the bezel, however a few little rust -type marks have been added to the paper, presumably from the metal...which gives it a bit more character and I love that.
Time for my Heart!
I did do make one other heart bezel, but it overflowed and I left it too long to remove the resin..aargh...a lesson learnt!
Today, I am linking up to Studio Waterstone for 'I Heart Macro'......a place for those who love close up and Macro photography...click on the photo link to take you there and see contributions from other photo lovers.
Have a great day whatever you are doing,